We are looking for an Internal Auditor who identifies and understands risk issues or problems and develops integrated recommendations or solutions by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting, internal control and auditing procedures and a sound judgment in dealing with critical work and complex projects. The candidate will also possess a keen interest in improving the organization’s internal control structure.
Core Functions and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management to assure operational effectiveness, financial reporting reliability and compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and directives.
- Determine internal audit scope and plan in conjunction with the Audit and Finance Committee, organize and carry out the internal audit function including the preparation of strategic and annual audit plans that fulfill the responsibility of the department, scheduling and assigning work and estimating resource needs.
- Implement best audit and business practices in accordance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Prepare and present reports to the Audit and Finance Committee on the policies, programs and activities of the department that reflect internal audit results.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
- Make recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed, report on the findings and recommendations and monitor management’s response and implementation.
- Maintain open communication with management and Audit and Finance Committee.
- Identify and assess areas of significant business risk and prepare audit findings and recommendations for improvement of policies, procedures, and processes.
- Engage in continuous knowledge development including sector rules, risk governance standards, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Coordinate coverage with the external auditors to encourage collaboration on common areas of concern.
Academic qualifications and experience required for job:
- ACCA, CPA, ACA, MBA, CIA or equivalent qualification
- Proven working experience as Internal Auditor or Auditor in public practice.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Be knowledgeable of and committed to the philosophy, principles, and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Knowledge of data analytics and ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Sound independent and objective judgement of business practices.
- Sound knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), IIA Professional Pronouncements, COSO Internal Control Framework and Corporate Governance Standards.
- Effective communication and critical thinking skills and teamwork competency.