The incumbent will participate as an integral member of the Andrews Memorial Hospital health care team by performing both quality diagnostic ultrasound and radiography examinations for our clients in a safe, efficient and professional manner and will be a part of an essential service team with the flexibility to ensure 24 hour coverage is delivered.
Role and Core Functions
- Use electronic sonogram equipment to perform a variety of routine and specialized ultrasound procedures,
- Perform general and/or specialized ultrasound procedures, reporting any unusual findings to the radiologist
- maintaining ultrasound equipment, and reporting any problems with equipment to the director of radiology
- assist clerical staff in scheduling patients for ultrasound examinations
- Obtain and document patient’s information and findings of the ultrasound examination
- Ensure patients comfortable throughout the ultrasound procedure
Academic qualifications and experience required for job
- Post Graduate Diploma/Degree in Diagnostic Ultrasonography
- Minimum two (2) years experience in the applicable field
- Registered with the Council of Professions Supplementary to Medicine.
- Keen sense of observation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to cope under extreme pressure
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Strong organizational, creative thinking and analytical skills are essential
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.