The incumbents will examine, diagnose, and treat diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth and gums. Treat diseases of nerve, pulp, and other dental tissues affecting oral hygiene and retention of teeth and will provide preventive, restorative, cosmetic, prosthodontic and endodontic care in a general dentistry setting.
Principal Duties and Job Responsibilities
Demonstrates through behaviour AMH’s core values of Quality, Integrity, Compassion, Collaboration, and Commitment
- Educate patients on oral healthcare
- Examine teeth and diagnose patients’ dental conditions by using tools such as x-rays.
- Assess treatment options and recommend treatment plans for patient
- Perform comprehensive oral evaluation including oral cancer screening and evaluation.
- Be willing and able to see pediatric patients and perform pediatric procedures
- Perform agreed clinical treatment including root canals, simple and surgical extractions including third molars within your scope of practice.
- Work with clinical staffs such as dental hygienist and dental assistant and other dentists to provide quality patient care.
- Design, recommend and repair prosthodontic appliances including bridges, dentures and space maintainers.
- Treat teeth malformations, gum injuries and other oral abnormalities
- Be able to prescribe and deliver anesthetics and analgesics medicaments and work with an anesthesiologist for delivery of nitrous oxide and general anesthesia where needed or requested
- Follow standard dentistry procedures and comply with company policies
- Refer patients to appropriate specialists when needed.
- Stay abreast with latest developments and techniques in dental field.
- Work with office staff in managing patient appointments and scheduling to achieve productivity goals and organization’s objectives
Academic qualifications and experience required for job
- A minimum of two (2) years post internship experience
- Registered Dental Practitioner in Jamaica
- Have current Practicing certificate
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills to balance emergency cases, dental reports and patient care
- Be willing and able to work after regular hours if needed
Applications along with resume should be sent by Friday, April 24, 2020 to
Human Resource Director
Andrews Memorial Hospital Ltd.
27 Hope Road, Kingston 10
Or electronically to email@example.com with the applicable Job Title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.